2009/05/07

Huit



One of the cafe that I visited a lot while staying in Nakameguro is Huit. "Huit" means No. 8 in French, which also indicates that this is the No. 8 cafe by the same owner, who was known as the pioneer in promoting cafe culture in Tokyo. However, not knowing the history behind, I just walked into that place because of the tranquil atmosphere.



The interior was created by merely some simple renovation of an old apartment building. Furniture and interior accessories were plain and simple, but seemed to fit well into the environment. They gave a sense of calmness, which is long forgotten by the busy metropolitan life.



Most of all, the food! They were really good. They were so good that everytime I forgot to take their picture, and start enjoying the tasty dish once they landed on my table. It is a shame that I cannot share any nice picture, I should take some when I go again.



This last photo shows the approach to the cafe, which is very simple or should I say, "unpredictable"? You will never know if there is any nice cafe around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment